Hours upon hours have passed solemnly. Too many to count, a number that cannot be fathomed. Distress. Unease. Incessant. Unrelenting. It seems like it was only yesterday. Distress. Saddened. Long drive home. Unfortunate.
It's been a year. I say this with surprise. Time is not a fair measure. It passes so fast. Too fast. And sometimes, not fast enough. Sometimes I don't even understand how I've ended up where I am.
I'll tell the saddest story, of how we made it through this past year
Long story short, my friends.
It has been one year. I know I keep saying this, but it's still hard for me to understand. I was talking to Mariano about it earlier, and he understands, but doesn't understand. It pains me that time has passed by so fast, but it should shouldn't it? It feels as if it were yesterday we were all hanging out in Semaj's room, or in Travis's garage, going to late night movies, and doing some stupid ass shit, with Tyler.
His name is used few and far. I don't know why. It's not like the imprint of the cold slap to the face still resides upon our brow. It's been a year. And still, we do not speak his name. We bite our tongue, we just remember, we don't reminisce, never enjoy, bask in the glory of our youth. We just... accept. It's not like he isn't a real person. Just because he has been gone for so long, feeling as if it hasn't been as long as it has been, doesn't take away from all the great memories. But I don't understand why we never talk about him anymore.
An angel got his wings, and we'll hold our heads up knowing that he's fine
we'd all be lucky to have a love like that in a life time
friends stay side by side, through life and death, you've always stole my heart
All I really mean to say with all of this ramble is the following:
Tyler, in the short time we were friends that summer, you became such a pivotal and important part of our group of friends. Never in my life did I meet someone quite like you, and I don't know if I will ever be blessed with a friend quite like you again. I miss you.
Monday, November 17, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment